SCBWI Florida Literacy Award
The purpose of this annual award is to recognize an organization, institution, or program that is making significant literacy contributions to children in Florida. The award is member-nominated, judged by a panel selected by the SCBWI Florida Regional Team, and the recipient is announced at the SCBWI Florida Regional Conference. This year’s award will be $500.00.
1. The organization, institution, or program must be located in Florida.
2. The organization, institution, or program must provide literacy opportunities for children within the state of Florida. These opportunities may include, but are not limited to: access to books, distribution of books, reading programs, writing programs, reading buddies, family reading program, or another literary activity.
3. The organization, institution, or program must have some demonstrative success be that a history of service, a documented participant list, a website, or other information that will show the work that is being done.
4. The nominating member must have first-hand knowledge of the organization, institution, or program, but does not have to be part of the organization, institution, or program.
5. The nominating member must be a current member of SCBWI and part of the SCBWI Florida region.
1. The nomination period for the 2022 award will be from February 7-May 1.
2. The nominating member will check with the organization, institution, or program he/she/they wishes to nominate to ensure that the nomination is agreeable to both parties.
3. The nominating member must complete the application and submit it to email@example.com on or before May 1, 2022, 11:59 PM.
To nominate an organization, institution, or program for the SCBWI Florida Literacy Award, please fill out an application here.