CRITIQUE-A-PALOOZA IS ALMOST HERE!
REMINDERS FOR ATTENDEES:
NOTE: Please check for all this information now and have it ready for Saturday. If you have a question or need information, please contact Kristina Miranda at firstname.lastname@example.org or email email@example.com.
1. Be prepared to take notes. We suggest having a hard copy of your submission handy.
STAY AT HOME, CRITIQUE AT HOME
What is it? Virtual face-to-face critiques on Zoom (with written critique notes)
Who will critique? Our goal is to enlist a cadre of agents, acquiring editors, content editors, and art directors for this virtual, online event
Who’s it for? Current SCBWI Florida members
Cost? $65.00 per critique
(Critiques must be paid for and up to 10-pages of manuscript uploaded at the time of registration. Full submission details will be online in the near future.)
What categories for writers? Picture Book, Middle Grade/Chapter Book, Young Adult, Nonfiction
What categories for illustrators? Illustrator Portfolio, Picture Book Dummy, Graphic Novel, Online Illustrator Portfolio
How many critiques can I have? We expect to have 100 critique slots available, one critique per person
When can I sign up? Registration opens June 1, 9:00 a.m., and closes June 15, 2020, 5:00 p.m. Registration is on a first-come-first-served basis. (Assigned time slot and Zoom instructions will be emailed in mid-July.)
When will critiques be given? Saturday, July 25, 2020—15-minute critiques to be assigned between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
What do I do until then?
1. Watch this video to see how you will register and upload your work starting June 1st
2. Go to scbwi.org to make sure your SCBWI membership is up-to-date.
3. Polish your manuscript or portfolio.
4. Review the submission guidelines HERE.
5. Review the list of agents and editors we have lined up so far HERE.
6. Get ready for a lollapalooza of an event!