Attendees have an opportunity to have their work critiqued by an agent, editor, published writer, illustrator, or art director for a $60 fee. Critiques take place from 5-7:15 PM on Saturday, June 8, 2019. Location TBD.
IMPORTANT: Please read all the details below to ensure you understand the rules and have the best experience with your critique.
YOU MUST SEND MANUSCRIPTS AND PORTFOLIO REQUESTS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW BY MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY MAY 1.
THE FIRST DEADLINE FOR SOCIAL MEDIA CRITIQUES IS BY THURSDAY, APRIL 25. THE SECOND IS BY MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY, MAY 1. SEND REQUESTS TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS BELOW.*
*NEW CRITIQUE OPPORTUNITY: SOCIAL MEDIA CRITIQUE BY GREG PINCUS
1) SEND AS AN ATTACHMENT, ONE manuscript per email in .DOC format (up to 10 pp). You must FOLLOW FORMATTING GUIDELINES (see “From Keyboard to Printed Page: Facts You Need to Know” at https://www.scbwi.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/From-Keyboard_2014.pdf.
2) If you are submitting multiple manuscripts or the same manuscript more than once, SEND EACH ONE ATTACHED TO A SEPARATE EMAIL.
3) The cost is $60 per manuscript critique. Pay online when you register. Or if you register by mail or add manuscripts after you register, send your check, payable to SCBWI Florida, to: SCBWI-FL, 125 E. Merritt Island Causeway, Suite 107, Box #266, Merritt Island, FL 32952.
4) If you are submitting a novel, please submit the FIRST 10 pages. If you want to submit a synopsis of the novel along with your pages, the full submission MUST BE NO LONGER THAN 10 PAGES TOTAL. Synopsis must also be double-spaced.
5) Although picture book manuscripts may have fewer than 10 pages, each one counts as a separate submission.
6) Send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as YOUR NAME, TITLE OF THE BOOK, CATEGORY, GENRE, and either WIP (Work in Progress) or COMPLETE. For example: J.K. Rowling, The Sorceror’s Stone, MG, Fantasy, Complete.
7) In the body of the email, please tell us who has critiqued your manuscript before, i.e., critiquers at previous conferences, members of your critique group who might be critiquing at our conference, etc. Also, if you have an agent and/or have been traditionally published, please let us know. This will help us make a better match for you.
8) If there is something you want your critiquer to know, i.e., biographical information or info regarding the fact that your manuscript is part of a series, DO NOT WRITE IT IN THE BODY OF THE EMAIL, include it as part of your ten pages.
9) Submissions must be emailed by midnight on Wednesday, May 1. You will receive an automatic reply when you send in your manuscript. Closer to the conference, you will receive an email letting you know who will be critiquing your manuscript and at what time. CRITIQUES ARE DONE ON SATURDAY AFTER THE WORKSHOPS FROM 5:00-7:15 p.m. unless otherwise notified.
10) We do NOT honor requests for specific critiquers.
1) Illustrators, if you’d like a professional critique of your portfolio, sketch dummy, or finished art samples for a picture book, you MUST send an email to email@example.com with the subject line: SCBWI Florida Artwork/Portfolio Review by midnight Wednesday, May 1, 2019, stating that you want to be scheduled for a critique.
2) The cost is $60 per critique. Pay online when you register. If you register by mail or add a critique after you register, send your check, payable to SCBWI Florida, to: SCBWI Florida, 125 E. Merritt Island Causeway, Suite 107, Box #266, Merritt Island, FL 32952.
3) Bring your artwork/portfolio to the workshop on Saturday, June 8. Do NOT mail your art ahead of time.
4) You will receive an email in advance as to who will be critiquing your work and at what time.